What is Cyber Essentials ?
Cyber Essentials is a government backed scheme, now under the control of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC); which sets out basic cyber security measures to help protect against some of the common cyber threats. It is also a means for organisations to demonstrate their commitment to the security of data for which they hold responsibility and often a mandatory requirement of both Public sector and Commercial contracts.
Why should you consider Cyber Essentials certification ?
There are some very compelling reasons to gain certification to this scheme :
- Alignment of your cyber security controls to a recognised standard, which will provide opportunity to identify gaps in your systems and strengthen them.
- Demonstrate your data protection commitment to your clients and open up new business opportunities.
- Help meet your legal obligation to implement Organisational & Technical measures to maintain personal data integrity & confidentiality.
- Implementation of the schemes requirements can be achieved (with commitment) in a short period of time.
- Qualifying organisations get free Cyber insurance cover.
- The certification process is relatively easy to complete, with a quick result.
- The scheme is very affordable for most and cheap in comparison to other IS standards.
- It will help raise staff awareness and underline the importance to the organisation of data security.
- Remain competitive with your competition or gain advantage over them.
Time to start your journey towards certification ?
Yes ! There’s no better time than now – awareness of Data Protection importance and legal requirements increases daily. Demonstrating you have not only commitment, but also strategy around it, can only be a positive for the sustainability of the business.
Aversus can provide affordable support in gaining certification to Cyber Essentials. If you’d like to discuss further, please contact us; email@example.com
Don’t get left behind !